- 59% of children who are mentored, get better grades
- Students who meet regularly with their mentors are 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school and 37% less likely to skip a class
- Youth who meet regularly with their mentors are 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs and 27% less likely to start drinking
- Nearly 18 million children in America need or want mentoring, but only three million are in formal, high-quality mentoring relationships.
- 2.85 million children in the United States are living with a parent who is battling or has survived cancer.