This past Sunday 68 members of the Walk With Sally community came together for an unforgettable friendship activity. Each quarter Walk With Sally hosts free of charge group activities for all friendships, families and prospective families in our program. The goal is to provide an educational and experiential day-long event while offering Walk With Sally participants a sense of community. Past activities have included visiting the Gentle Barn, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding and Surf Lessons with the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation.
The Friendship Activity on Sunday was a Block Party hosted by the K Club Fastpitch Softball facility in El Segundo. We asked all participants to show up in their halloween costumes and prepare for a day of batting cages, karaoke, hip-hop dancing, meditation/pilates and arts and crafts.
The highlight of the day was seeing new friendships form between the mentee’s and mentors in our program while they tried new activities like meditation and hip-hop.
The day was unforgettable but would not be possible without the help from the following people:
- K Club Fastpitch Softball (Katie and Blake donated their facility and their time to Walk With Sally!! )
- KaraKaraoke (Kara donated a full day to doing Karaoke with WWS!)
- The Pilates Place (Kateyln donated her time to teach WWS yoga and pilates!)
- The Dance Instructors ( A HUGE thank you to Roxy and Natalie for teaching WWS an amazing dance routine)
- Julie Crow the photographer donated her whole day to take photos of the WWS group
- Roundtable Pizza- Hermosa Beach donated lunch everyone!
- Dominique Arneson the Cartoonslinger and The Soozi Show