Donor Advised Funds – Creating Impact
A grant from your donor-advised fund now can make an impact for our families impacted by cancer. Even in challenging times, our mission continues, to ensure no child walk alone in the face of cancer. Let’s walk through the main advantages of donor-advised funds (DAF).
Benefits of Donor Advised Funds
Donor-advised funds provide a number of benefits to a charity, that direct donations may not. These benefits include:
- Simplicity: The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts. The vast majority of financial institutions are equipped to easily set up your fund.
- Flexibility: Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from the time you decide to allocate a grant to your preferred charity.
- Tax-efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy: A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs: There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more, as decided by the sponsoring organization).**
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.**
- Privacy if desired: Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.
What Can Donor Advised Funds Do for Walk With Sally?
Donor Advised Funds provide an easy and flexible method of legacy giving which supports our work. Your generous gift can help exponentially continue our mission to provide hope through our individualized mentoring and community support services to empower children experiencing trauma through a parent, guardian or sibling’s cancer journey. Please reach out to your professional financial advisor for more details and to conveniently set up an account!