• Match kids impacted by a loved one’s cancer with an adult who’s had a similar experience.
• This “friendship” lasts one year, spending 6 to 8 hours a month together participating in activities out in the community.
• Through this friendship the children have an advocate who can offer guidance and give them the individualized attention they need.
• Between the ages of 7 to 17
• Have a parent or sibling with cancer, who has passed away from cancer, or is in remission from cancer
• Struggling to deal with the aftermath cancer can cause
• 18+ years old
• Loves working with kids
• Impacted by cancer (either witnessing a loved one’s battle or is a cancer survivor)
• Background check (LiveScan fingerprinting) & TB test required
• Willing to commit 6-8 hours/month for 1 yr
“I loved how WWS is a resource for the children and the families. It is also an organization that does not limit my time as to when & how I can volunteer.”